With a nod to Holden, “all that David Copperfield kind of crap” upfront:
- I was born in Lancaster, PA, and grew up in Ardmore, just West of Philadelphia.
- I am one of 13 children (originally 11 boys, 2 girls, now 10 boys).
- My surname name is Kennedy. Nickname, Lyon. True, it doesn’t have the same ring as “Bond, James Bond.” And, yes, I am really a Kennedy. (My given name is a well known Kennedy name, hence the nickname. And I’ve had a lifetime of the chuckles and “really?” responses and questions about Hyannisport. For the record, what happens in Hyannisport stays in Hyannisport.)
- I’ve been writing poetry for over 25 years (“an old dude,” as the kids say), ever since Mimi (my first love) stole my heart. No worries, I grew another. 😉 (For more about my writing, please see the FAQs.)
- I speak fluent German and lived in this city in Germany for 5 years (though I’m not German, but he is).
- I live just outside of New York City, but work in the city in the IT field.
- I often wear this, my “poet’s scarf.”
lyon @ poemaweek.com